Big Data Engineer
Telenet is always looking to improve their business by leveraging the wide variety of data assets. With more than 1,7 million broadband internet and video customers and over 5 million customer interactions per month, Telenet has a very diverse data availability across the entire organization (e.
g. network data, customer and product data, customer interaction data).
We are looking for multiple Big Data Engineers to become a part of our Data Engineering Chapter existing of over 50 Engineers, who turn raw data into trustworthy analytical datasets that are used by other data colleagues to inspire, challenge and support business discussions and decisions with actionable insights, models and reporting.
Key Responsibilities :
Key overall responsibility is to translate complex and large datasets and data processes into structural data solutions to optimize key business and operational use cases, mitigate compliance and create value for business stakeholders and other data colleagues.
This typically includes the following activities :
- Construct and code-out data solutions by understanding business challenges and technical capabilities in collaboration with Functional Analysts
- Transform and integrate various data into a scalable end-to-end data outputs and projects
- Test and verify created data solution
- Assess the inner workings of our code-developed projects and opportunity to perform technical analysis if wanted
- Provide guidance towards other data stakeholders (Functional Analysts, Analysts etc.)
- Store data flows in a Cloud based solution instead of on premise to innovate testing and build flexibility
- Synthesize complex data into easy-to-understand datasets that resonate with data stakeholders
- Deploy the automation of big data jobs to ensure data is processed and delivered at the best speed
- Industrialize new build machine learning models with the support of data scientists
About You :
Bachelor / Master with a focus on informatics / computer science (or equivalent) Recently graduated or first years of experience in data engineering Experience with Java and willing to learn existing or upcoming data technologies (Hadoop, Scala, Spark, Kafka, SQL).
Experience (or willing to learn) with cloud-based solutions (AWS) Willing to learn system administration with Unix / Linux and software development best practices via in-house training and coaching Strong interest in optimization potential and how to realize it with robust engineering Pragmatic in your approach, using the right techniques to provide the needed quality and detail while avoiding complex solutions.
Eager to learn and like variation in your job working on different projects and scopes Be able to deliver projects autonomously, while working closely together with colleagues on the job Fluent in English, Dutch is a plus
What We Offer :
- A position in an innovative, healthy and ambitious organization which is committed to put data at the core of its business
- An agile organization that stimulates internal mobility and the possibility to change roles
- The chance to further develop your career through learning opportunities, via an extensive training catalogue and external platforms such as O’Reilly and Pluralsight, and on the job learning and mentoring
- You join a team of young, dynamic, enthusiastic profiles, with fun team buildings and on-site padel games
- An attractive compensation & benefits package, including a personal development plan, discount on Telenet products, flexibility in homeworking (3 days per week), flexible working hours etc.
Location : Mechelen